Workshop exploring the relationship between mark making, the body and objects. Inspired by the work and processes of exhibiting New Art West Midlands artist Sarah Cornforth. In the exhibition entitled A-Z of Drawing (or Silly?) Restrictions, the artist imagines a restricting scenario and then attempts it. In this workshop we:
- Exploring and challenge the conventions of drawing by restricting the drawing process itself
- Investigate the use of Objects, to 1. Create Restrictions 2. Tools for Mark Making
- Tools & Technique, observe ourselves, how do we ‘hold’ a tool, what pressure is applied, the turn in the wrist, the motion behind the arm, placement within the fingertips and the resulting affects on the canvas and asking what is the potential for repeating these experiments with other variation on object and parts of the body.
- Experimenting with planes when working with a flat canvas, ink and the body.
- Reworking abstract images
Originally Conceived For:This Way Up ,Creative Health CIC
Creative wellbeing project for people living in Wolverhampton and Staffordshire.
Working with Exhibitions and Collections at WMAG